Want to get divorced but my husband will not sign the papers.

Additional Information:

I am filing for divorce from my husband. How long will it take to get the divorce if he is refusing to sign the papers? My husband left me December 2011. We have no assets together, we rent a house in Framingham. We’ve been married for 19 years with two children ages 17 and 15.


I am sorry that you are going through this, the fact that he is refusing to cooperate will slow down the process, but he cannot permanently stop it. The more you can get him to cooperate the faster it will be. You will be helped by retaining a local attorney. That is one way of streamlining and helping you through the process as fast as possible. Take care and I hope that things work out.

The Framingham Divorce Lawyers at Lewis Leeper provide legal representation in the area of divorce, and family law in the Greater Boston area including the towns and communities of: Ashland, Brookline, Dover, Framingham, Natick, Needham, Newton, Sherborn, Sudbury, Wayland, Wellesley, Weston, and Westwood.

Categories: Divorce Q&A.