How do I initiate a divorce?

Additional Info: I am married and want a divorce from a alcoholic. He doesn’t want to leave. Is there anything I can do to make him leave legally?

You can initiate an action in the Superior Court and in that action ask for your husband to vacate the marital home. If you feel that your safety, or that of your children, is at issue, you can apply for a restraining order through the Superior Court or county courthouse. Good luck.

Categories: Divorce Q&A.