How do I go about getting my ex-husband off the deed to the house?

Additional Information:

In the divorce agreement, he gave me our house in Dover, in return I didn’t touch his pension now I’m trying to get a home equity loan cannot do it while his name is on the deed so am trying to find out how to get his name off the deed.


This process is very common and it is very simple, he needs to sign a quitclaim deed which is a copy of your old deed which states he is giving you the property and taking his name off of it. Most of the time it is part of the divorce process and we do it for our clients all the time. If he continues to refuse, then you may be able to file a contempt of court action against him forcing him to sign and then request the legal fees for prosecuting the contempt. Take care and I hope that things work out. 

The Dover Divorce Attorneys  at Lewis Leeper provide legal representation for divorce, and to assist clients in post-divorce matters in Dover Massachusetts and surrounding Greater Boston towns and communities of: Ashland, Brookline, Framingham, Natick, Needham, Newton, Sherborn, Sudbury, Wayland, Wellesley, Weston, and Westwood.


Categories: Divorce Q&A.