Can the court modify a separation agreement without the parties asking for it in a divorce

My ex is suppose to pay for college, what if he doesn’t?

The court has the power to modify certain portions of separation agreements that are merged into the separation agreement and to which the court has continued jurisdiction over, however someone needs to make a motion to the court and show a reason. Hope this helps. take care.

Our  Natick divorce attorneys serve the Boston, Massachusetts, area from offices in downtown Boston, and the Boston Metrowest offices in Framingham and Dover. Our clients come to us from communities such as Acton, Arlington, Ashland, Braintree, Cambridge, Canton, Concord, Dedham, Dover, Framingham, Hopkinton, Holliston, Hudson, Lexington, Lincoln, Marlborough, Maynard, Medfield, Milton, Millis, Natick, Needham, Newton, Norwood, Southborough, Sudbury, Quincy, Walpole, Wayland, Wellesley, Weston, Westwood, and all other towns in Middlesex County, Norfolk County, Essex County and Suffolk County.

Categories: Divorce Q&A.