Can I ask for child support and my husband to move out without an actual divorce?

I don’t know if I want a permanent divorce, am i being stupid? I am staying with my parents in Weston who have enough money and a nice house but it is far from our married home.

You are caught in a difficult situation, you certainly can file a complaint for separate support in Ma which is not a divorce but does order your husband to pay you child support, however many practitioners and judges are not fond of such complaints. The other option is an informal agreement with your husband made formal by an email or his signature that gives you a weekly amount that may make you feel more in control of your life. Your best bet is to talk with your family, your friends and a lawyer, there are many great ones in this area. take care.

The Weston MA divorce lawyers at our firm serve the Boston, Massachusetts, area from offices in downtown Boston, and the Boston Metrowest offices in Framingham and Dover. Our clients come to us from communities such as Acton, Arlington, Ashland, Braintree, Cambridge, Canton, Concord, Dedham, Dover, Framingham, Hopkinton, Holliston, Hudson, Lexington, Lincoln, Marlborough, Maynard, Medfield, Milton, Millis, Natick, Needham, Newton, Norwood, Southborough, Sudbury, Quincy, Walpole, Wayland, Wellesley, Weston, Westwood, and all other towns in Middlesex County, Norfolk County, Essex County and Suffolk County.

Categories: Divorce Q&A.